CDC Investment Pvt. Ltd.
Creating safe workplaces for (re)entry
We helped CDC Pvt. Ltd. prepare a robust plan for re-entry by undertaking Risk Assessment and identifying gaps in terms of infrastructure and administration.
Like other firms all over the world, CDC Investment Pvt Ltd., a UK based firm with offices in Mumbai and Bangalore was hit by the lockdown imposed in the country. Post the lockdown, CDC Investment Pvt. Ltd. wanted to re-open their offices with employee health and well-being at the forefront of their mind and wanted to ensure that their workplaces were prepared in accordance with the best practices prevalent in the country. They approached us to undertake a Risk Assessment of their offices, identify the gaps and give them a clear direction on measures to incorporate to welcome employees to a safe and secure workplace.
JLL SMEs from Engineering and HSE teams undertook the assessment of the site from an employee Health and Safety perspective, Critical Equipment status and overall preparedness both in terms of infrastructure and administration to restart the offices.
JLL provided the following services to the client:
- Risk Assesment
- Statutory Compliance checks
- India and UK variance to standard gap analysis
- HVAC system check
- Social distancingSanitisation and cleaning
- Sanitisation and cleaning
- Delivery- The project was completed within the timelines and final reports handed over.
- Value add –JLL best practices, protocols and collaterals were shared with the client for developing their own guidelines.
- Client Satisfaction - Site team was thankful to their management for hiring JLL to conduct the assessment.
- Process Improvements - Optimisation of screening and sanitisation process were included as part of the assessment report with 23 clearly identified action points for each sites.
- Health and Safety - Associated health and safety risks apart from COVID-19 situations were highlighted to the client.
- Accreditation - The assessment report of India Offices was shared by the client with their UK team highlighting the thoroughness of the assessment and the absolute value add provided.
There were multiple laws governing the office opening. Govt. of India laws, client being UK based, Govt. of UK guidelines, site being at Mumbai, Govt of Maharashtra guidelines, Govt of Karnataka guidelines for Bangalore city. All these had to be verified, compliance to be confirmed and gaps to be identified. This called for not only expertise in the field of Engineering and HSE but also awareness of the constantly changing regulations as well as working with UK JLL colleagues.
There was lack of clarity around the scope and the pandemic being a new phenomenon, all the requirements couldn’t be specified with certainty. Multiple regulations around office opening and functioning by various Government agencies also made statutory compliance monitoring a challenge.