Thailand Market Update
With continuous rising interest from both investors and developers, Thailand is on the road to recovery.
February 15, 2022
- Chakkrit Chakrabandhu Na Ayudhya
- Pimpangga Yomchinda
- Pitinut Pupatwibul Robbins
- Alex Sigeda
Thailand has been significantly impacted by the pandemic: international arrivals recorded a strong decline at year end 2021, following the trend in Southeast Asia. However, as one of the most visited countries in the world before COVID-19, Thailand is witnessing renewed interest as global travel slowly returns on the back of pent-up leisure demand. New projects coming into the market attest developers’ continued confidence in Thailand’s hotel industry.
In our report, we discuss how Thailand has navigated through the pandemic and major topics that will shape the hospitality sector in the future:
- Hotel investment market rebounding strongly
- Hotels in Bangkok renovating to stay competitive
- Sustainability shifting into industry spotlight
- Lifestyle hotels on the rise